Badoo started out as a platform where one chats and meets other people. Slowly, it has changed into something akin to a social network with the exception that it also allows its users instant messaging services. Just like the other sites, it has its fair share of ups and downs which can be sometimes lead into one deleting their account.
The Daily telegraph published a story back in 2009 which revealed that Badoo had the worst privacy protection compared to the other 45 social sites. If you are looking for tips on how to delete a mobile Badoo account because you rarely use the site or because someone is stalking you and pestering you, then we have you covered. The process is simple as long as you follow the steps carefully.
Option #1: Deleting your mobile Badoo account manually
This option is the most popular one probably because it is simple, straight-forward and fast. Here are the steps;
1. Go to you phone and click on the Badoo app. If you do not have the app, you can simple go to your mobile browser and enter the following address www.badoo.com.
2. Log in to you account by entering the username followed by password. Since most apps remember the user’s password, you may not have to log in as clicking on the app takes you directly to your account.
3. Once you have logged into your account, click on the ‘SETTINGS‘ button that appears on the upper right corner of the screen.
4. After ‘SETTINGS‘, click on the ‘DELETE PROFILE‘ link that shows up among other options.
5. Scroll down the options that are displayed and select the ‘CONTINUE DELETING PROFILE‘ tab.
6. As a security measure to stop people from deactivating your mobile Badoo account without your consent, Badoo will request you to enter your password again. After clicking the ‘CONTINUE DELETING PROFILE‘, you will be prompted to enter your password followed by a brief explanation as to why you are deleting your account.
7. A window with the message ‘OK, I AM READY. DELETE MY PROFILE‘ will appear. Confirm the action and your account is deleted.
8. If you follow these steps to the latter, your account will be deleted from Badoo’s database. This, is followed by a display of the message; “YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DELETED“.
9. You can alternatively simple copy and paste this link (http://badoo.com/settings/) to your mobile browser for cleaning, deactivating/ freezing or deletion of your Badoo account.
Option #2: Using the Help Center to delete your mobile Badoo account
The second option you can use to delete your mobile Badoo account involves sending a ticket to the support team. This option takes much longer but is nevertheless as effective as the first option. Here are the steps;
1. Go to the Badoo’s website. In this case, you do not have to log in to your account.
2. At the bottom of the homepage, hover the mouse over the “HELP” link and click on it.
3. Click the “HELP CENTER” link or copy and paste this link (http://badoo.com/help/) on your mobile browser.
4. Scroll down and click on the “HOW DO I DELETE MY PROFILE” and you’ll see all the steps listed. Follow them to delete your account.